Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Power in Money

Today I was perusing my google reader and I came across a supposed insignificant topic the title read “Apple Battles Entrepreneur Over ‘Pod’ Trademark” by Brian X. Chen. The article was about a small business man who was fighting Applefor the right to use the 3 letter word pod on his video projector.

While I was reading this one question stood out to me “am I at a disadvantage because I have no money and therefore I’m supposed to be wrong?” This question about wealth struck me as being true since in common life the person with more money gets better education, treatment, and social status. The question implied about people with wealth deciding the rules and laws I also believe is true since the person without much wealth can’t really decide the social ethic and therefore the socially acceptable laws. This is why I am so glad I live in a country that allows the masses to vote on decisions even though the wealthy still dictate what is acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment